A Quick and Easy Treat Recipe for All the Family
I made this loaf cake just before we left the UK when we had friends coming over. It went down rather well and was a great way to use up ripe bananas in the fruit bowl that was due to be packed… Also a good simple recipe that little people can get involved in making too.
Banana Pecan and Choccie Loaf
Prep in 20 minutes, cooks in 60 minutes
Ingredients and suggested quantities:
6oz plain flour, sifted
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6oz light muscovado sugar
2 large eggs
3 medium sized ripe bananas, smashed
5oz natural yogurt
5oz dark chocolate, hand cut into chunks
4oz pecan nuts, chopped
2 tbsp Demerara sugar
1. Grease and line a 3lb loaf tin, then preheat oven to 150c.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt
3. In another large bowl beat the muscovado sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy – don’t waste time doing this by hand
4. Fold in the bananas, yogurt, chocolate and half of the chopped pecans and then the flour mixture
5. Pour into the loaf tin and then sprinkle the remaining nuts and Demerara sugar over the top
6. Bake for 1 hr, then check that the centre is cooked through using a skewer. Leave to cool in the tin
Serve either with a cup of tea, beaker of milk, or still warm with a scoop of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream.
After weeks, or rather months, of promising this post to a certain German foodie friend, now residing in the Caribbean, lucky lady, here it is and please send me photos of your finished product!